Dr.Othman Al Hamouz
1. Chemistry Department.
2. Interdisciplinary Center for refinery and advanced chemicals
King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals.
Specialization: Research Interests:
1. Porous polymers for natural gas purification.
2. Polymers for high temperature and high pressure applications.
3. Porous polymers for hydrogen storage.
Address: Bldg 4 - Room 261G, P.O. BOX: 5048, Dhahran 31261, Saudi Arabia.
Institutional Profile Link: https://faculty.kfupm.edu.sa/CHEM/othmanc/
1. Assistant Professor, organic and Polymer Chemistry, KFUPM, Sep/ 2013 present.
2. Participated in the development of KFUPM SECOND STRATEGIC PLAN 2011-2020, Executive Committee.
3. Teaching general and organic chemistry labs , KFUPM, (2009-2013)
4. Attended the workshop entitled Participatory Classrooms organized by the teaching and learning center, deanship of academic development on December 25th, 2011.
5. Participated in judging scientific projects for Dhahran School, Saudi Arabia, 2010.
6. Attended the professional development training course in chemistry on March 24th, 2008, organized and conducted by Edexcel international Middle East and Africa Regional office, Jordan.
7. Teaching assistant, University of Jordan, second semester 2001/2002 to first semester 2003/2004 (supervised on general chemistry, organic chemistry, and inorganic chemistry labs), Jordan.
8. Research assistant, University of Jordan, second semester 2001/2002 to second semester 2002/2003 (synthesis, characterization and blending of organic polymers), Jordan.
9. Research assistant, Jordan university of science and technology, second semester 2001 (preparation of transition metal complexes and studied their effect on the physical properties and kinetics of 4-vinylpyridine polymers), Jordan.